ABL Collateral Analyst
FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth. Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes range from $4MM to $40MM.
Boca Raton, FL
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As a Collateral Analyst, you would be working from our Boca Raton office in Florida. The ideal candidate will have the ability to ensure the accuracy and quality of the clients’ collateral submitted for potential financing. They will examine the borrower’s borrowing base certificate to confirm the validity of the receivables, inventory, and fixed assets. This role resides in our Finance division. The Collateral Analyst will be reporting to the Operations Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Perform a comprehensive review of a client’s collateral upon submission and immediately report any inconsistencies, errors, or unusual findings
- Verify the receivable invoices directly with the debtor in a timely manner to determine their eligibility
- Prepare monthly verification statements and perform regular follow-ups on any exceptions, non-responses, and past due invoices
- Maintain and report accurate and up-to-date information in the operating system including credit limits, contact information, and all processing-related notes
- Collaborate with the relationship manager on client-related tasks
- Reconcile various clients’ reports i.e. bank statements, collection reports etc.
- Work directly with clients to discuss and resolve any discrepancies in their collateral reporting
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred (asset-based lending, trade finance, commercial lending) in back-office operations or collections
- Required experience in Payables, Billing and/or Cash Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)