ABL Field Examiner
FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth. Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes range from $4MM to $40MM.
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As a Field Examiner, you will be responsible for conducting collateral exams and special projects on new and existing clients including reviewing and testing clients’ books and records, A/R, inventory, A/P, and cash.
- Perform exams on existing customers.
- Perform survey exams on new prospects.
- Test the integrity of accounts receivable and inventory and their performance trends
- Evaluate the borrower’s revenue recognition, billing, collection processes and systems
- Review and test bank accounts, reconciliations, receipts and disbursements
- Meet with management and communicate effectively
- Perform detailed analysis of the general ledger
- Analyze the condition of accounts payable and status with key vendors
- Review Federal and State tax returns
- Excellent writing and analytical skills and knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop cooperative working relationships
- Comfort with a fast-paced and growing environment;
- Must have deep understanding of Excel, Word, and MS Office.