FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth.
Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes from $4MM to $40MM.
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As an Underwriter, you would be primarily working remotely or from our NY or FL Office. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong communication and technical skills to assist with the financial analysis of prospective clients. In addition, the Underwriter will work with the relationship managers to review the financial health of existing clients on a regular basis. The Underwriter will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the due diligence process on prospective clients
- Plan and oversee the field examination and appraisals (if applicable) during the process
- Prepare full financial analysis and due diligence report on prospective clients including reviewing historical financial statements and projections
- Work with the prospective clients on analyzing all the findings from the due diligence process
- Liaise with the external diligence providers, Business Development and Portfolio teams
- Assist in the structuring and negotiation of the full legal documentation
- Perform regular financial analysis on existent clients
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred (asset-based lending, trade finance, commercial lending) in underwriting, relationship management or field exam
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent/relevant program from an accredited university
To all staffing agencies: FGI will not be utilizing agencies for this position. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any FGI employees.