Business Development Officer
FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth.
Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes from $3MM to $30MM
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As a Business Development Officer, you would be primarily working from Chicago or New York. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality results while working under a fast paced and growing environment. The Business Development Officer will be reporting to the Executive Director and be responsible for the following:
- Generate new leads and scout the market for new opportunities, while maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Organizing one-on-one meetings, preparing presentations, and attending networking events.
- Dealing directly with referral sources such as Bankers, Investment Bankers, Private Equity, Asset Based Lenders, Factors, and Service Providers.
- Pitching the credit products to C-level executives at middle market companies
- Negotiating lending terms with prospects
- Shepherding transactions through all stages of due diligence and legal review until funding.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized institute is required; Finance and/or Marketing/Communications Majors are preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent detail orientation and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have deep understanding of Excel, Word, and MS Office.
To all staffing agencies: FGI will not be utilizing agencies for this position. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any FGI employees.