Senior Software Engineer
FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth.
Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes from $3MM to $30MM.
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for full life cycle of application development, requirements gathering, testing and deployment. We are looking for candidates with strong programming skills to help build high quality features for our clients.
- Performing full-stack development of web application from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Maintaining and enhancing a large-scale web application running within AWS.
- Working in an Agile framework and participating in sprint retrospectives and code review meetings.
- Responsible for abiding by the security policies and administrative instructions of FGI.
- Deep understanding of MySQL, PHP, Web Service (SOAP and RESTfull) and jQuery.
- 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Proficient with AWS and associated AWS-based services, Docker and Terraform.
- Excellent in problem solving skills with the ability to identify and develop solutions for end-users and business needs.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality code (clean, DRY, readable, and expressive) code with strict deadlines.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Preferred to have experience with any PHP frameworks (Laravel and Phalcon).
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
To all staffing agencies: FGI will not be utilizing agencies for this position. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any FGI employees.