FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance and services industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to safely grow their business. FGI’s two principal business units, FGI Finance and FGI Risk, provide clients with flexible and customized lending and risk mitigation solutions designed to support international and domestic growth.
Headquartered in New York City, FGI maintains a presence on 6 continents with clients in over 60 countries around the world. Facility sizes from $3MM to $30MM
Contract type: Full Time Employment
As an Underwriter, you would be working remotely. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong communication and math skills to assist with the analysis of financial information for prospective clients. In addition, the Underwriter will assist the Director of Underwriting to review the portfolio and our existing clients on a regular basis.
- Analyze financial information on prospective clients.
- Create due diligence reports on potential client companies and existing portfolio clients.
- Liaising between our Credit Analysts, Business Development Officers, and the Operations department.
- Assist in the negotiation with clients to properly structure and document transactions.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized institute is required.
- Finance or Accounting majors are preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience with financial statement analysis or accounting is required.
- 2-7 years of experience in Asset Based Lending is strongly preferred, including experience in structuring, legal documentation, and contract negotiation.
- Working knowledge of major computer programs.
- Professional fluency in writing, reading, and speaking English.
To all staffing agencies: FGI will not be utilizing agencies for this position. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any FGI employees.