ABL Senior Underwriter
FGI is a global leader in the commercial finance industry, equipping small and medium enterprises with the tools they need to enhance their business. FGI’s three principal business units, FGI Finance, FGI Risk, and FGI Technology provide clients with flexible and customized lending along with risk mitigation and credit insurance solutions designed to support international and domestic growth. Headquartered in New York City with offices across the US, Canada, Mexico and the UK, FGI delivers perfectly tailored and relationship-focused solutions for its clients worldwide.
Contract type: Full-Time
As an Underwriter, you will demonstrate strong communication and technical skills to assist with the financial analysis of prospective clients. In addition, the Underwriter will work with the relationship managers to review the financial health of existing clients on a regular basis. The Underwriter will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the due diligence process on prospective clients
- Plan and oversee the field examination and appraisals (if applicable) during the process
- Prepare full financial analysis and due diligence report on prospective clients including reviewing historical financial statements and projections
- Work with the prospective clients on analyzing all the findings from the due diligence process
- Liaise with the external diligence providers, Business Development and Portfolio teams
- Assist in the structuring and negotiation of the full legal documentation
- Perform regular financial analysis on existent clients
- You are required to have direct experience in Asset-Based Lending
- You are required to have direct experience with financial analysis and legal review
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent/relevant program from an accredited university
To all staffing agencies: FGI will not be utilizing agencies for this position. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any FGI employees.